Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bearboat 2007 Pinot Noir & Chicken Francese

It's been a while since I've written - not that I haven't been drinking wine or making delicous meals, but the wines I've been drinking this week, and as well for Thanksgiving, I've already written about (ahem, Jonathan Edwards, ahem).  Delicious. 

I do my best, in general, to plan my meals out at least a week in advance and really try to do my best to stick to it.  Today, it worked!  Now, not that I've never eaten chicken francese before, but I don't think I've ever made it before.  So, I found this recipe online at foodtv.com.  Here it is...  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/david-rosengarten/chicken-francese-with-lemon-and-pecorino-recipe/index.html.  I have to say, I'm very impressed with myself, it came out perfect :)
As for today's wine, I was thinking that a white wine would've gone well (I'm sure many would have), but Matt's not always a fan of the white, so I chose a lighter red.  I needed a Pinot tonight (truely, needed), and it turned out to be a great choice.  This is a Pinot Noir from the Russian River Valley, and I received this wine as a gift for my birthday (Thanks, Angie!!!). 

When this wine was first opened, it smelled awesome!  Fantastic strawberry on the nose.  My first sip gave off some acidity, not much but it was nice with the lemony chicken.  As the bottle opens up, it looses some of the crispness, and gains more raspberry, cherry.  It was, once again, an enjoyable pairing, though not perfect.  I do think this dinner would've paired quite well with a Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay (though I would choose a Sauv Blanc over a Chard, only because of my own personal likes).  The Pinot would also go well with a nicely seasoned pork loin. 

In Vino Veritas!

No comments:

Post a Comment