Monday, December 6, 2010

Don't Cry for Me, Argentina - this pairing was fantastic!

Last night's dinner and wine pairing was one of my best ones, yet!  The recipe came out of Martha Stewart Everyday magazine that I get from my mother-in-law (Thanks, Mom!!).  Anyway, I was also able to find it online, so I don't have to retype the whole thing, so here it is...  http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/skirt-steak-with-sweet-potato-wedges-and-parsley-salad.  Super easy & delicious. 

So, at first I wasn't sure where to go with the wine, and really wanted to pair it with one of my Wine of the Month wines from Amanti Vino, because I haven't done that in a while, so I perused my wine rack and came up with the 2008 Jelu Malbec. 

Jelu ~ from the Huarpe Indian language meaning sun.  Malbec is an Argentinian wine, and has recently become a favorite of mine, and I though it would be a delicious accompaniment to my dinner.  I hit it out of the park with this one.   On the nose, I'm getting some deep red fruit, a little chocolate.  Beautiful inky purple color.  Then you drink it, and ohhhhh, it's good stuff :)  Rich plum, still that slight chocolate you got on the nose, same deep red berry.  When I say chocolate, please don't think it's some sweet chocolate taste that overpowering.  It's quite the opposite, it's just this subtle flavor that rounds out this wine beautifully.  There's so much to enjoy in this, and paired with the skirt steak dinner, it really made for a lovely dinner. 

Thanks, once again, to Amanti Vino for a fantastic choice in your Wine of the Month.  A beautiful selection!

In Vino Veritas!

No comments:

Post a Comment