Friday, November 26, 2010

Chelsea Cellars 2007 Merlot with Chicken Parma"John"

Tonights dinner was a Chicken Parmesan, or as we say it in our house, Chicken Parma"John".  I don't know why we do that.  Do I need to bother you with a recipe for this?  I mean, it's Chicken Parmesan.  We did recently switch over to using fresh mozz rather than shredded.  It makes a world of difference, and we've always used freshly grated parmesan, rather than out of the shaker.  Spaghetti on the side.  And, some day old rolls (leftover from Thanksgiving). 

Tonight, I'm pairing with the 2007 Chelsea Cellars Merlot.  We enjoyed this wine for the first time on Father's Day in 2009 when we visited Alba Vineyards in Milford, NJ for their Father's Day Festival.  This past summer we had gone to the NJ Food & Wine Festival at a different vineyard (that escapes me right now) and picked up a bottle there.  However, the grapes in this wine are not grown in New Jersey.  Though it's 'produced and bottled by Chelsea Cellars, Finesville, NJ, the grapes are actually grown on the West Coast and sold at Alba, under the Chelsea label. 

I had opened this bottle up on Wednesday (2 days ago) and found it very fruity at the time, but didn't take notes on my tasting, unfortunately so I can't go into detail about that.  But, for tonight, it's not bad.  I did enjoy the pairing with the chicken parm.  As I breath it in, I still get that cherry, red berry fruit.  I'm tasting a vibrant, berry flavor with a little bit of smokiness.  It gets fruitier and smoother as it sits - which is rarely too long next to me :) 

As you read by blog, I do hope you enjoy!  Please click Follow if you like it. 

In Vino Veritas.

No comments:

Post a Comment