Sunday, December 26, 2010

Oh, The Weather Outside is Frightful, But the Wine is so Delightful :)

It truly is a blizzard out there, but dinner was delicious & Matt picked out a beautiful Rioja to go with it. 

Tonight, I made a Pork Roast in the slow cooker.  I had a 4 1/2 pound pork roast with the bone in.  I rubbed salt & pepper on the pork, then I added 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce and a can of Pepsi.  Along with the pork, I made roasted red potatoes.  On the potatoes I put olive oil, the Montreal Seasoning, Herbes de Provence, salt & pepper.  Mix it all up, spread it out on a baking stone and put it in the oven at 450 for about 25 minutes.  It really was the perfect dinner for our snowed-in evening. 

Tonight we had paired this with a 2006 Vina Zaco Tempranillo Rioja.  Rioja is a region of Spain.  Tempranillo is the varietal.  To start, this wine is a nice deep red color.  It's got a medium body.  On the nose, there's some strawberry and light vanilla and leather.  I taste that same strawberry, and a little caramel?  Maybe that's vanilla.  Either way, mmm...  mmm...  it's good stuff.  Nice choice, Honey :)  Well, back to checking out the blizzard, and hoping for a state of emergency so I don't have to go to work tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

In Vino Veritas.

No comments:

Post a Comment