Sunday, September 9, 2012

Skouras Saint George Aghiorghitiko Nemea 2010

Blogging from the phone today.  Please excuse my typos...

Burgers and fingerlings tonight.  Nothing special about the burgers except they were made with love by hubs ;)

Fingerlings I shake up with EVOO, ground salt, ground pepper and Tastefully Simple Grillin Seasoning.  Put it on a stone and on the grill.

Tonights wine is a WOTM from Amanti Vino.  I sat looking at my rack (comments to yourself, please) and saw French, Italian and Greek...  I'm not sure I've done Greek before, so I went with it.  Excellent choice.  

Beautiful purple-red that's just light enough to see through.  Stick your nose in it and there's this wonderful cherry, very light tobacco (which is a descriptive I hate to use,because it doesn't sound good to me) and a hint of chocolate (or maybe I just want to smell that).  Now taste...   Very vibrant, sexy, yes sexy, red wine.  Now, I don't taste the tobacco but the rest of what was on the nose is in the mouth.  I also now realize I have a mosquito coil burning...  Is that where the tobacco was coming from?   Could be.

Oh well, the chill and the clouds see rolling in, so it looks like I'm done out here.  I highly recommend this wine.  I may comment later with other possible pairings, but for now...

In Vino Veritas


No comments:

Post a Comment