Sunday, September 30, 2012

2010 Josh Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon with Penne Marinara and Rosemary Bread

Went shopping at Gary's Wine today.  Love days like that when I just go in without a specific item in mind, and fill up the cart with some wines....  Some I've had before, others not.  Before we went, I started the marinara in the crock pot.  Recipe is courtesy of another blog I discovered today called Budget Bytes.  I'm gonna have to go through this blog a little to see what else I can make.  I like food.  I like to save $$$.  Sounds like a plan.  So, we had penne with this marinara recipe http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2011/11/slow-cooker-marinara-515-recipe-040.html.  

Also, kids & I went to the Farmers Market in town today and bought this awesome Rosemary Bread from the Hoboken Farms stand (check it...  www.hobokenfarms.com).  This bread was freakin awesome.  I could smell that all day.  To go with the bread, I made a couple of dips, courtesy of The Pampered Chef.  I used the Sun-Dried Tomato & Herb seasoning, and I also made up the Parmesan Garlic oil dipping seasoning.  I did use these seasonings last week and, at that time, I just put some oil in a dipping plate and shook in the seasoning.  This week I followed the directions.  No one liked it when I followed the directions (they felt it was too thick and overpowering), so I'll stick w/ my rebellious ways next time around and just shake it in the EVOO until I think it's good.  D also made us a tossed salad with dinner w/ some fresh Jersey veggies, etc. from the Market.  

Our wine selection for tonight was the 2010 Josh Cellars Cabernet.  I know we've had this before, and when we did buy it the first time, I will admit we bought it for the name.  My first born, Joshua.  I also remembered we liked it a lot, so when I saw it again today, I went for it.  I really thought it more expensive last time.  Really nice wine for the price ($14.99 at Gary's).  

Visually, it's this beautiful plum color with legs that slowly run down the glass, showing off it's medium to heavy body.  On the nose, you inhale a fabulous combination of pepper and black currant.  Then, my favorite part, the taste...  It's got very soft tannins, making it go down easy, a little too easy (he, he!).  I feel like it's less pepper in the mouth, but still spicy if that makes sense.  The rich berry is amazing, and the finish hangs on for a bit, just extending the enjoyment of the wine.  

Overall, what a great pairing this evening.  Good food, Good Wine (good price), and a nice evening w/ my men.  A girl couldn't be happier ;)  So, now I gotta finish off this bread and what's left in my glass.  

In Vino Veritas!

No comments:

Post a Comment